Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My 80's girl

     It can be a blessing or a curse to have 'too much time on your hands'.  Did that old 80's song "Too much time on my hands" just pop into your head ? If so your probably a child of the 80s like me.  Before we even married, my wife nicknamed herself "80's girl".  She is so nostalgic about that time in her life.  Her observations or comments always seem to relate to the 80's somehow.  It can be annoying at times but also cute. Her 80's memory when it comes to music or movies is 2nd to none, so much so that friends will call or text her with 80's trivia or questions. Things they're trying to remember like what year a movie was playing in theaters or the title or year of a pop song.  It's not uncommon for someone to ask "what was the name of the group that sang this song?" She is rarely stumped. Do you know how many 80's CD's, books, and movies she has? Well probably almost all of them. She always seems to get more for her collection on holidays or birthdays.  So it's probably better to get her a gift card rather than try to attempt to get her a movie or some music from that era because chances are she already has it.

     Her obsession with the 80's almost rivals my Prince fanaticism!  Umm, I'll write about that another day. There is a lot more to it than people realize. Now getting back to my 80's girl.  She always seems to look back at that era as the "good ol'days" or "the best years of her life", which isn't true because her best years happened after she met me. Smiley face.  Sometimes the "80's girl" part of her really does get on my nerves but most of the time it warms my heart and reminds me that she is unique in so many ways--this just happens to be one of the more notable.  I would never refer to myself as an "80's boy" (err gag me with a spoon), but I do love my 80's girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment